August 1, 2017
The Full report is available here:
- At the 27th of July 2017 there were 1,837 US ETFs with assets of US$ $ 2,979.63 Bn a shade below the magical US$ 3 Tn mark.
- Assets in ETFs have increased by US$ 67Bn since the 30th June 2017.
- The VanEckVectors Gold Mining ETF continues to bleed assets with outflows of US$ 657.27 Mn or another 8% of it’s AUM. The USO oil fund, another commodity ETF also saw significant outflows of US$ 463 Mn.
- Assets in the iShares Core S&P 500 ETF & SPDR S&P 500 TRST saw strong inflows in excess of US$ 12 Bn. Assets in ETFs tracking Emerging and developed markets also outperformed with assets increasing by US$ 9.07 Bn and US$ 7.1 Bn respectively.
- The iShares ETF range were once again the largest winners this month increasing AUM by US$18 Bn.
- 17 New products came to market in the month and 18 funds are scheduled to terminate.